Sunday, February 8, 2009

A God Hug!


Has God hugged you lately? I don't mean the quick squeeze and run. I mean the kind of hug that makes you feel completely enveloped, totally safe, and comforted beyond words? Oh how I love those hugs! When things are hectic I find myself saying "God I need a hug!" Sometimes, if I am in a quiet enough state that I can feel His arms embracing me I just sit and drink in His love. However, if chaos is reigning in my heart and mind then I struggle to feel anything. Even when those moments are the moments I am finding myself in need of God's presences the most. What I have found, is that whatever I ask of my heavenly Father, He pours it out in abundance, according to His will. But I must be prepared to receive it. I must quiet myself to the point of hearing His still small voice in my heart and feeling His amazing love wrap me up.

How has God hugged you lately?

"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you." Matthew 5:4

No comments: